Sunday, November 28, 2010

ST Electronics Dinner & Dance 19Nov10

After working for 3 months plus, I'm so lucky to have the chance to participate in ST Dinner & Dance event last Friday. This is my first time and I'm going to enjoy every moment of it. This was what I thought before the event actually started but things just went way out of hand.

Two of my colleagues were drunk and having some after-effects from drinking. It was deadly and scary. Never in my life that it occur to me that people around me would get drunk and do all sorts of funny things. Dancing, shouting, screaming, kicking, slamming the table, losing tempers and many more. One very ridiculous action that I can recall is that the both of them all say they wanted to take photos with the ST President (super daring). Crazy isn't it? Of course, after the event, they couldn't remember a thing at all.

The only tedious thing of the event was going home. The event ended at around 1130pm and for your info, the ballroom was located at the EXPO. How am I going to go back to Bukit Panjang by MRT? I'll probably stopped somewhere in the middle of Singapore and got to catch a cab home from there. Therefore, straight cabbing from EXPO is the best choice. I shared a cab with a colleague of planning (splitting the cost as midnight charges were expensive) at 12am sharp (I seriously think that all cabys ignore our existence till 12am just to get the extra midnight charges). It costs $41.90 to get the both of us home (WHAT!!). Tired, exhausted and annoyed was what I felt at the end of the day.

There were still some good things to mention despite of all those unfortunate happenings. The food served were delicious especially the dessert, Yam Paste. That's my favourite! Love it! Its not very sweet and I really wanted to eat up the whole pot. Other dishes were good as well. Next to have my thumbs up was the highlights shows of the event. Regardless its the Lady Gaga Impersonation Show, STE Line Dance or the games, all were interesting and fulfilling. Love them!

But I wonder if I would get excited for the next Dinner & Dance session in ST again. Perhaps, perhaps not (because of the drunk incident).

Reaching early from office and found some interesting stalls set up for us

photo taking with ZongHong and my supervisor TingYi

While waiting for the D&D to start
The tix and Masquerade Mask (decorated with the feathers and beads by myself)
NICE~

the dishes, lucky draw prizes, the mask, the agenda and the photo :)

Cheers to my first Dinner and Dance session (",)

One of the boomz show of the event: Lady Gaga Impersonation Show
Real interesting and SHIOK!

Balloon game and another boomz show put up by a transsexual guy/girl
apparently those yellow jokes of him caught everyone's attention, especially the guys

Can you recognize who is drunk and who is not?

Magic show and Line Dance by our fellow colleagues
Line dance was a real surprise as I didn't expect the outcome would be that beautiful
Thumbs Up!

Our whole planning department photo and some NG shots
PS: Please don't drink next time no matter in what kind of situation. PLEASE!

-ahcai

No comments: