Friday, August 26, 2011

NDP 2011 - 9Aug11

It's really been very long since I went to watch NDP live, and I mean it. It's so long till I can't remember the number of times that I applied for the NDP tickets and the rejected feeling of not receiving any calls or messages to inform me of the good news of my balloting results.

Lucky me this year, we got the tickets (ch ballot for his whole family and his cousin was the lucky one). Yeah! Finally, we're going for the NDP this year. I figured out the things to do during NDP. Putting on NDP tattoos, singing aloud of Singapore songs, shouting and cheering throughout, waving the Singapore flag (provided in the goodie bag) and waving the lightsticks when the night dawns etc. And I did all that. I'm so so happy and proud to be a Singaporean.

Getting into the Floating Platform premises at Marina Bay
Lots of people walking in red and white
Great sportsmanship and Singaporean Lovers!
We were very excited but the weather was pretty hot and sunny that day
We sweated and got kind of shag even before the show started

Although the NDP environment was hot and humid, but that doesn't spoil our mood at all

Saw the tattoo on my left cheek?
I kept taking pictures of myself as I got nothing else to do except to wait

the NDP finally started
Can you see the Singapore Lions having their parachute jump?
It's so cool!

Singapore displaying our armed forces and equipment we have to defense our country
I love this section very much as I'm very impressed by all these

President SR Nathan's last year of attending the NDP as a president
Uniform groups are my favorite too :)
Friends who knows me well would know that I have a special liking for men's uniform groups
The army, the commanders, the police etc
Oh my! They are really suave

Interesting and fun performance put up
I love the sea theme where there are real bubbles everywhere around us, making the theme more believable and real

Having our last photo to end the NDP 2011

We enjoyed ourselves a lot and would definitely wanted to go for all the NDP in the subsequent years (provided we could get the ballot tickets).
Cheers and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!
(although it's a very belated blessing)

-ahcai

No comments: