Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Happy March bcos It's My Birthday Part 1 - 17Mar12

The first celebration of my birthday was with my Punggol family. Ever since CNY this year, my parents had been super enthusiastic about going out to eat as a whole family. Well, my sis and I just went along with their will.

We went to Lao Beijing at Plaza Singapura for Chinese food. I figured that my dad would prefer Chinese food other than some other cuisine and I've bought online vouchers to save some costs here. Haha.. For the price we paid, it wasn't worthwhile at all. Half of the food were awful and the service was just bad.

Let's just start from the beginning, when I met with my parents and stepped into the restaurant. I reached there at 730pm sharp (reservation was at 730pm) and awaits at the door for them to serve us. A lady came forward and asked if we've made a reservation. I replied "YES!" and gave her my name. She then said, "Oh! You're late."

I was like "WHAT? I'm not late, I'm on time!" Nevermind. Nothing to kick a big fuss about. Then we sat down and started to place our orders. We were recommended a set dinner for 4. After some discussions, we decided to go with that (didn't know what was good to order exactly and the set dinner looks pretty good so we just took the easier path). We waited for quite some time before the first dish was served. Initially, we just thought the long wait was due to the crowded orders but when ALL dishes were served 10 min after we've finished the previous dish, I started to question their efficiency. Besides, only the first 2 dishes and the last dish (last dish was cocktail dessert which would never go wrong) were good (voted by my mum and sis). The rest were just simply bad.

In the end, we paid a total of $140+ for 4 person, and deducting the discount coupon I got, it's a total of $120+. My conclusion: This would be my first and last time visiting the restaurant. FULLSTOP.

Nevertheless, I was still very happy because it's my birthday :) Nothing's going to ruin my day. Thanks to my sis for paying the rest of the bill which is around $90+. We should have more gatherings like this now since both my sis and I were financially stable. It's time for my parents to enjoy life.

Lao Beijing's Menu

8 Treasures Tea
Actually I prefer normal chinese tea -_-

Tonic Chicken Soup
I actually hate to drink tonic soup T_T

Beijing Crispy Duck
It's of normal standard but I conclude the best dish of the set



Xiao Long Bao
Taste was not there and it's just not right!

Sweet and Sour Fish
First few bites were good but eventually taste super sour and hard to chew

Stir Fried Long Beans
Too oily and salty

Handmade Noodles (waited like 15min after we finished the previous dish!)
Don't be deceived by the delicious appearance. It's a FAKE! The noodles were TASTELESS! I even reflected my comment to the waitress. *Shakes Head!

Nothing can go wrong with a cocktail dessert

Happy them :)

My sis and I

-ahcai

No comments: